Apr 20 22 Reasons You Need a Social Media Audit NOW
Social media marketing audits. They can sound intimidating. How old is your current social media
marketing strategy? When was the last time your brand evaluated performance at a large scale?
If it’s been a while, let me give you (at least) 22 reasons why you need a social media marketing audit now.
- Influencer marketing was found to drive sales 11 times better than digital banner ads.
- Periscope has broadcasted more than 200 million broadcasts, in its first year.
- Twitter launched an algorithmic feed based on relevancy.
- Facebook Canvas ads are open to all brands.
- Facebook released a 360 degree video player, open to all Pages.
- Google also launched 360 degree video functionality.
- Instagram released an algorithm for users’s feeds.
- Twitter released Moments and therefore an additional way for users to filter content.
- Interest targeting on Pinterest is now much more robust.
- Brands can easily create Snapchat geofilters for events, sponsorships, and whatever else may float their boat.
- Instagram now has 3 different ad units available, with multiple CTA options.
- Those Instagram ad units generated over 1.6 billion impressions from July ’15-December ’15.
- Facebook opened their Facebook Live API so that Pages can publish Live video from multiple angles and cameras.
- Snapchat discoverability is improved with public URL links to profiles and deep links to Discover posts.
- You can buy a branded emoji on Twitter. (But don’t be fooled. It’s not cheap.)
- Twitter users can now share Tweets via direct message.
- Snapchat updated their chat platform.
- In another Rich Pin option, Pinterest released How-To Pins.
- Foursquare launched Attribution to measure foot traffic driven from digital ad units.
- Facebook Reactions launched globally and brands will soon be able to measure each through Page Insights.
- Snapchat is close to exceeding Facebook in daily video views.
- You can now easily switch between Instagram accounts on mobile.
These are just what’s happened in the past 6 months. How long will you go without revisiting your social media marketing performance?
If you feel you’re in need of a social media audit, we can help you with that.