Apr 02 Ignite Social Media Selected as Shorty Awards Finalist in Two Categories
We are excited to announce that we have been selected as Shorty Awards Finalist in two categories: Retail & E-Commerce and Large Media Buying Strategy.
Shorty Awards Finalist for Retail & E-Commerce
We partnered with our client, Altar’d State, for the Retail & E-commerce category. Altar’d State is a women’s fashion retailer looking to build a strategic and effective presence on digital and traditional networks, centered around the target consumer and their shopping habits.
To support this mission, we developed three social media objectives:
1) Build awareness among our target audience
2) Grow affinity for Altar’d State by creating deep connections with our audience and
3) Activate ambassadors, which includes both the target audience and employees, to advocate on behalf of the brand. We
We help support Altar’d State with their day-to-day execution of creating social media content (40+ pieces of social content per week), community engagement and running their paid media.
Utilizing this strategy, we were successful in driving a significant amount of socially-attributed sales between January 2018 – December 2018:
- 30% increase in return on ad spend from the previous year
- 88% year-over-year increase in last-touch sales attribution from social media
- Revenue was driven via socially-attributed purchases, 78% of which came from offline, in-store conversions
- Socially-referred online purchases increased by 77% year-over-year
You can check out our full Altar’d State Retail Case Study here.
Shorty Awards Finalist for Large Media Buying Strategy
We had the privilege of winning this award last year and hope to retain the title of best large media buying strategy. This year, we submitted for our work with Discover Boating. Discover Boating was looking for a partner to increase boating participation and manufacturer referrals from their social channels. We implemented a multi-phased strategic approach that aligned to the stages of the purchase funnel.
Our social media campaign successfully and efficiently drove qualified users down the path to conversion.
- 29% increase in manufacturing referrals over last year with half of the media budget
- 62% decrease in cost per manufacturing referral
- Socially referred traffic converted at 2x the rate of traffic referred in 2017
You can check out our full Discover Boating Welcome to the Water Case Study here.
About the Shorty Awards
The Shorty Awards, now in its 11th year, were the first awards show to honor social media. By constantly evolving along with the changing landscape of social media, The Shorty’s remains the most prominent award show of its kind. The Shorty Awards continue to recognize the most influential, popular, and culturally relevant brands, organizations, agencies, campaigns and influencers across social media.
Brand and organization winners will be announced leading up to and during the awards ceremony on May 5th, 2019 in New York City.
Finalists were selected by members of the Real Time Academy of Short Form Arts & Sciences, comprised of luminaries from advertising, media, entertainment and technology. Members of the Academy include Rosemary Mercedes, (EVP & Chief Communications Officer, Univision), Tony Weisman (Chief Marketing Officer, Dunkin’ Brands), Matthew Digirolamo (Chief Communications Officer, L’Oreal), Rebecca Messina (Global Chief Marketing Officer, Uber), and Lilian Tomovich (Chief Experience & Marketing Officer, MGM Resorts International), among others.
While we await to hear about the final winners, check out our other case studies and award-winning work.