The Follow Me widget allows you to display links to all your social media profiles in one, easy-to-access button or window.
If you are like most Internet users, you have more than one social media profile on the web. Letting your friends and blog readers know what sites you use will allow you to connect in more places with new and current friends.
No coding is required. Simply download the Follow Me plugin below, insert the URLs of your profile pages, and start connecting.
Download the Follow Me plugin here.
1. Upload the Follow Me folder with all contained files to your wp-content/plugins directory.
2. Go to the Plug-ins page in the WordPress Dashboard and click Activate on the Follow-Me plugin.
3. Go to Settings > Follow Me Options in the Dashboard and add links to your social media profiles (make sure to use http:// before www or the link will not work)
4. Select the appropriate size and design for the button: default(small), medium, large, or box.
5. Finally, go to Design > Widgets in the Dashboard and add the Follow me widget to the sidebar.
If you do not have a widget supported theme then simply drop in anywhere you want the widget to show up.
now includes the ability to change the text to “Follow Us”
New Version (version 2.0)
Old Version (Pre Version 2.0)
- adds support for Tumblr, Pinterest, and Quora. Also changes references from onClick to onclick to meet validation requirements.
- Now includes the ability to add Google Plus profile.
Version 3.0.2 Update:
- Fixed an extraneous character ‘–>’ that was showing up on certain Themes.
Version 3.0.1 Update:
- A few incremental bug fixes were resolved with the new 3.0 version
Version 3.0 Update:
- Added the following sites and services to the list with their respective icons: Hyves.nl, GoodReads, AIM, MSN, Skype, EMAIL, Blip.fm, FourSquare, Tagged, Google Profile
- Allows for a “Follow Us” button vs the traditional “Follow Me” button.
- Custom icons can now be added with custom links.
- Ability to make the plugin not show up on Mobile browsers.
Version 2.0 Update:
- Added larger icons
- Added new sidebar functionality.
- Added the following follow me locations:
Version 1.2.1 Update:
- Added a 1 column layout option
- Redid the plugin look and feel for the button layout
- Ability to add a social network that isnt on the list via Custom links section of the plugin.
- Added an option checkbox that allows users to “open in new tab” when they click on a link
- Added the following social networks:
- Follow Me Popup and Video Players
- We aware of an issue that causes the Follow Me popup to not display properly when a video player such as Youtube is behind the popup, causing it to not render properly. We are working on fixing this.
Looking for Social Media Stats?
Check out our social media brands directory
where we aggregate popular Brands online social media stats for their respective Facebook pages, Twitter, YouTube and Linkedin.