Samsung: 2011 Social Media Plan
Samsung Visual Display wanted to take advantage of social spaces to market high-end Smart TVs to global consumers, with a focus on growing thriving communities and generating positive sentiment.
- Using a two-pronged approach, we took over community engagement on their existing profiles and developed a long-term strategy through our Community Analysis & Engagement Planning process
- For the Engagement Plan, we developed a channel strategy, measurement plan with KPIs and goals for the year, and a promotions plan designed to grow communities
- We then executed an engagement-focused content strategy on Facebook and Twitter, coupled with quarterly social media programs designed to drive acquisition and advocacy
- Promotions such as “Like It, Reveal It, Win It,” a fan-exclusive sweepstakes (featured on Mashable) in which users could help reveal, pixel-by-pixel, a prize shown on a virtual Samsung TV for the chance to win that prize
- By combining ongoing engagement and promotions across Samsung’s social media channels, we increased fans from less than 50,000 to 270,000 and vastly improved sentiment in just the first year
- The brand’s Twitter following also grew by 1,875% in that time period
- During the course of “Like It, Reveal It, Win It,” Samsung’s fan count nearly tripled; more importantly, those new fans became active community members, with active-fans jumping from 30% to 50%
- The “State Your Case” promotion resulted in more than 1,000 user-generated videos, in part due to our partnership with Extranormal, a third party whose text-to-video technology made participation in the promotion much more accessible to fans
Tell us about yourself and sign up for our weekly newsletter, Social You Should Know. You'll receive the latest social media news and insights from Jim Tobin and the Ignite Social Media team.