Microsoft Windows Live
Microsoft Windows Live: Facebook Management
Windows Live was looking to improve perception through active, engaged Facebook communities. Each page had unique challenges – Hotmail needed to drive awareness of the redesigned email service through fan growth, and Messenger needed to drive more quality interactions with its already massive fan-base.
- We educated visitors on new Hotmail and Messenger features through custom Facebook tabs and optimized wall content through weekly content analyses to encourage relevant conversations
- We focused on driving fan feedback through fun, timely content that was educational and engaging; the content strategy was reshaped as the fan bases grew in order to keep up with changing interests
- In the first year, both pages saw huge growth: Hotmail increased its fans by 333%, and Messenger increased its fan base by 230% to more than 11 million fans
- 54% of all posts performed above the feedback rate goal, and attrition fell by 60% despite page growth, demonstrating that new fans were genuinely interested in the brand’s content
- The Messenger page generated 277 million impressions and saw an ROI of 93:1 when compared to paid media impressions on Facebook
Tell us about yourself and sign up for our weekly newsletter, Social You Should Know. You'll receive the latest social media news and insights from Jim Tobin and the Ignite Social Media team.