16 Feb Using Pinterest Data to Make Marketing Predictions 2022
As a content creator, it can be challenging to keep up with the newest styles or trends these days. It seems like there is a new “thrill” every week. And because it’s important to create relevant content for your audience, timing is everything. Thankfully, Pinterest recognizes the ever-changing trends and was willing to, based on algorithm data, host a webinar to give us the latest scoop on potential 2022 trends. Today, we’ll take a dive into why you should consider implementing some of these styles into your strategy.
What Is Pinterest Predicts 2022?
Pinterest Predicts is a webinar where Pinterest forecasts the possible trends on its platform for the year. The annual webinar is gaining traction due to its prediction accuracy. According to the Pinterest Predicts 2022 report, in 2021, 80% of Pinterest predictions came true! So, whether you’re a small agency or a corporation, we could all use a little guidance on the channels’ upcoming success.
Pinterest Predicts 2022 Trend Highlights
During the webinar, Pinterest was precise with the trend forecasts they shared. Below are a few predictions they touched on during the report, shown here in their words:
- Altbashes – “Party for life’s undercelebrated moments”
- Be Jeweled – “Beyond the basic earring – bring the bling this year”
- Biophilic Design – “When natures built into your home”
- Celestial Celebrations – “Millennials will throw some cosmic parties this year”
- Cuppa Time – “Afternoon tea is the new happy hour”
- Curve Appeal – “Curved couches, curved bar designs and curved kitchen islands – arcs are in all ‘round the home”
- Dopamine Dressing – “Vibrant outfits and colorful palettes – dressing loud is the new dressing down”
- Hot Horology – “The original tick tock – oversized clocks, watch bracelets, men’s luxury watches will define 2022 style”
- Night Moves – “The most memorable adventures will happen after sundown in 2022”
Though those were the few that the company highlighted during the presentation, Pinterest has forecasted trends in all the following areas: Beauty, Celebrations, Fashion, Home, Pets, Wellbeing, Auto, Finance, Parenting, Hobbies and Interests, Food and Beverage, and Travel. If you didn’t see viable options listed above, review the entire Pinterest Predicts 2022 list to see if any trends suit your brand!
Why You Should Incorporate These Trends in Your Strategy
There are several reasons to incorporate Pinterest data into your social media strategy. After, Pinterest is essentially a visual search engine that people use when their considering new activities that often lead to purchase. With Pinterest data, you can:
- Generate Engagement & Awareness: Trends are a great way to generate action and knowledge of your brand. Because relevancy is important to users, they are more incline to engage/notice content that relates to them.
- Reach New Users: Trends are also a great way to reach new customers. With custom keyword targeting, marketers can reach new users with the recommended keywords for each trend.
- Longer Lifecycle: With Pinterest, don’t fear that you are late to the party! If you able to, you should integrate these trends into your strategy because content lives longer on Pinterest than any other social platform. According to Pinterest Predicts report, its’ trends sustain 21% longer monthly growth compared to other channels. And don’t just take their word for it, we also predicted that Pinterest is one of the few places where social content has a long half-life. If you incorporate the latest trends in your strategy, this could be a great way to build momentum for your brand.
If you’re ready to take that next step and be relevant, contact our team of experts today.
Additionally, keep yourself up to date on the latest news and trends in social media by subscribing to our twice monthly e-newsletter, Social You Should Know, below.