Mar 16 Your input welcome on our site redesign
Unless you’re reading this in our RSS feed, you’ve probably noticed the site redesign that launched late Thursday. I’d love to have your candid feedback on it.
- What do you think of the design?
- What do you think of the new features?
- Does it make you want to engage more or engage less than our old site?
- Is it more approachable or less? More professional or less?
Here’s what’s changed, besides the obvious design modifications:
- We moved off WordPress to Ruby on Rails
- We added Disqus as our commenting functionality, and got all the functionality that comes with that.
- We added Facebook Connect to let you sign-in and comment with your Facebook identity
- We added an enhanced Tools section, where we share some of the tools we use in our work. Some, like the Follow-Me plugin for WordPress, add good functionality to blogs, others are just shortcut tools that helps us, so we’re sharing.
There are a few other little things, but let me know what you think.