How Brands Can Leverage Instagram Hashtags
- Do the research to see which hashtags your fans are using when talking about your brand and then utilize those in your posts.
- Create original content that appeals to your fan base (a brand’s presence at a live event is a prime opportunity to share photos on Instagram) or to spread awareness for a running campaign.
- Only use hashtags that are relevant to your photo. For example, Olay Fresh Effects (@FreshEffects) can proudly flaunt the hashtag #Beauty on Instagram since it relates directly to the content and brand.
- Less is more. Don’t use more than five hashtags or your post can begin to look like spam.
- Don’t use unwarranted hashtags as a desperate attempt to get more likes and followers. Using a hashtag such as #likes4likes is spam and will not reflect well on your brand.