15 Sep Dance on the cover of our new “Cocktail Party” book
My new book, Social Media is a Cocktail Party, written with Lisa Braziel, is ready to go into production in the coming weeks and should be available for purchase by mid-October. The cover designs are being finalized, the preface is being written (by Robert Lauterborn, author of the number one advertising book written since 1986), the jacket quotes are coming in. That made me think, “How have I let the social media community participate in the book?”
Well, so far, I have jacket quotes from Andy Beal, Chris Brogan and Lee Odden. But I could fit one more. And I’d like it come from you. Maybe not all of you (the back cover is only 6 x 9 and we need room for an ISBN, price and other stuff), but from one of the readers of this blog. I thought this could be fun.
Here’s the idea:
- We’ve posted Chapter One and Chapter Two on our website. Give them a read.
- In the comments section, leave your book jacket quote. Typically it’s around 3-4 sentences.
- We’ll pick one and publish it, with the winner’s name, on the back cover of the book.
That’s it. Oh, here are the “official rules”:
- Selection of the winner is at our sole discretion, based on whatever criteria we choose at that moment. It might be the one that makes us laugh, or it might be the best summary, or it might be the one that gets hit with the dart we throw blindfolded. Don’t know yet, but we get to pick it.
- By submitting your comment, you authorize our use of your quote and your name on the cover of our book, without further compensation (other than great fame, of course, and a free copy of the bookâ€“two if you ask nice). Unless you make use of “Rule #4”.
- Finally, to make sure you’re you, we’ll email you through the address you left in the comments field to let you know that you won and to confirm that you’re who you say you are.
- If you want to comment, but not leave a jacket quote, start your comment with “NOT Jacket Quote” or similar.
Coming next: Help us pick the cover design for the new book. We’ll show two designs, you vote on the one you like best.
Thanks for taking the time to look at the first couple chapters of the new book. Lisa and I look forward to all types of feedback. Keep in mind that our blog readers are usually more sophisticated than the target audience of this book, which is written for traditional marketers looking to understand the basics of social media marketing.