03 Jan The Top 50 Branded Facebook Fan Pages of 2011 versus 2010
For two years now, I’ve been tracking the Top 50 Branded Facebook Fan Pages by size. We typically do this every month, and we’ve also ranked them by the impressions they generate, by how many friends their fans have, by percentage of active fans, and by how often they post.
From 2009 to 2010, we saw 19 new brands come on to the Top 50 list. In 2011, the list stabilized, and only 6 of the Top 50 are new.
Biggest Winners, Biggest Losers
Of those that were on the list both years, these brands moved up the most during the year:
- Burberry, up 17 spots to #30, growing 177%;
- Target, up 11 spots to #39, growing 124%;
- Xbox, up 10 spots to #20, growing 114%
- Playstation, up 8 spots to #12, growing 144%; and
- McDonalds, up 7 spots to #19, growing 83%.
Special shout out to MTV, which was also the 2nd fastest grower on last year’s list (gaining 23 spots). This year, they climbed all the way to Number 5, growing an impressive 126%.
Of those that were on the list both years, these brands fell the most during the year:
- Down 9 spots each are Zara, Victoria’s Secret Pink, Google Chrome and Mountain Dew;
- Down 8 spots each are Starburst, Reese’s and Taco Bell; and
- Down 7 spots each are Starbucks Frappuccino, Walt Disney World and Lacoste.
Something may have changed at Dr. Pepper this year. In 2010, they were the fastest growing brand, moving up 25 spots on 698.5% growth. This year, they fell 6 spots on 45% growth.
Falling Off the List
This year’s list does not include any of these 6 brand who had been on last year’s list. We said goodbye to:
- Puma (had been 48)
- Buffalo Wild Wings (had been 45)
- 5 Gum (41)
- Nike (49)
- Forever 21 (44)
- Chick-fil-a (46)
Every fan page we track grew in 2011, but those that fell simply didn’t grow as fast as the rest of the group.
The Top 50 Branded Facebook Fan Pages of 2011 versus 2010
|CURRENT RANK (12/29/11)||RANK BY FAN COUNT (12/28/10)||CHANGE IN RANK||FANS AS OF 12/28/10||FANS AS OF 12/29/2011||% INCREASE|
|9||Converse All Stars||10||1||12,150,955||21,006,933||73%|
|27||Victoria’s Secret Pink||18||-9||7,652,191||10,677,457||40%|
|41||Walt Disney World||34||-7||4,998,360||7,568,390||51%|
For the full methodology, please see the original post.
Any surprises on this list for you?