10 Social Media Tips to Help You Celebrate Community Manager Appreciation Day
Ashlie Lanning: Senior Community ManagerTwitter Handle: @MarketingAshlie
- Pro Tip: My day wouldn’t go well if I didn’t have Skitch for taking and sharing screengrabs and Evernote to capture inspiration whenever it strikes.
- Dream Gift: The world’s largest set of poms poms. I am a huge cheerleader for the brands and fans I represent. I could really use the accessories to make it official.
Meghan Hardy: Community ManagerTwitter Handle: @Meg22UF
- Pro Tip: Ask your users to share about when they started using your product. We find that we uncover multiple generations of consumers that have used our product.
- Dream Gift: My very own Grumpy Cat
Mackenzie Bright: Community ManagerTwitter Handle: @MackenzieBright
- Pro Tip: Don’t use a Promoted Facebook Post for an offer, sweepstakes, promotion, etc. that ends before the Promoted Post does. Also, note that Promoted Facebook Posts run for 72 hours so be aware of when you first promoted the post.
- Dream Gift: The ability to travel through my computer and talk to the community members one-on-one.
Thea Neal: Community ManagerTwitter Handle: @NealThea
- Pro Tip: Only post a video if it is AMAZING or BRIEF. As Sweet Brown said, “Ain’t nobody got time for that.”
- Dream Gift: Access to all Fashion Week shows (especially Dior), globally, for life.
Settie Amini: Community ManagerTwitter Handle: @SettieSpaghetti
- Pro Tip: Make your photos more engaging using ThingLink – a tool that adds interactive elements like music, video and informational text to photos.
- Dream Gift: A pass to power nap with Stevie (my pug) in the office whenever I want.
John Patterson: Senior Community ManagerTwitter Handle: @JohnPatterson85
- Pro Tip: If you are looking to generate user generated content, try creating a weekly or monthly featured post or tweet. This gives users time to prepare their content to share the next time you post.
- Dream Gift: A magic tweet machine that would make anything I say magically fit into 140 characters
Keriann Maltby: Community ManagerTwitter Handle: @KeriannGriffin
- Pro Tip: Be open-minded to other community managers’ thoughts and points of view. Also, all event photos are not created equal. Shoot every angle and look for the photo that best represents your brand.
- Dream Gift: Diamond Medallion Status. They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend.
Kristen Marzonie: Community ManagerTwitter Handle: @Kris10_Elise
- Pro Tip: Research how other brands are using the social space, and think of ways to use it better. 😉
- Dream Gift: A team of minions to be my all-purpose assistants and little buddies.
Anne Brannon: Director of Community ManagementTwitter Handle: @anneonymity
- Pro Tip: Don’t mix business with pleasure. As in, don’t utilize the same social media management tool or app for your client accounts that you use for your personal accounts.
- Dream Gift: Reliable, free, fiber-optic high-speed wireless Internet… everywhere.
Erin Ledbetter: Vice President of Community ManagementTwitter Handle: @SocialSheek
- Pro Tip: Know your audience and stay focused so that you properly balance what your brand needs you to talk about and what your audience wants to talk about. Don’t post without purpose, EVER!
- Dream Gift: I would like these please because they will help me do my job better. True story. Everyone works better in a pair of sky-high heels. Oh, and because pink and orange is the best color combination that ever existed.