A Social Media Thanksgiving List
In the spirit of the season – we’ve compiled a few things we are thankful for around here at Ignite.
As always, feel free to add to the list
- The “music genome project” Pandora. Without it, Lisa’s musical taste would suffer more than it already does.
- We are all thankful for Gene’s glorious dreds, being able to capture this picture, and his fluency in coding languages.
- Jim is thankful for people over 40 who join Facebook, people who don’t giggle when he says Twitter, and his small but growing number of Facebook friends, LinkedIn connections, Twitter followers and followees, Plaxo connections, Digg fans, and most of all, people who link back to us. (On a side note – Lisa is amazed at how unabashedly Jim has started shilling for new online friends with link lists like this and will be thankful when he gets stalkers.)
- Common Craft, who consistently break things down in creative, comprehensible ways and for creating helpful videos like this.
- Feedburner and Google Analytics. These have provided us with hours of free entertainment.
- Clients who “get” it, or come to us in order to “get it”.
- Christopher Locke, Rick Levine, Doc Searls, and David Weinberger for writing Cluetrain Manifesto.
- A good Technorati “Authority” rating, that puts the Ignite blog ahead of 99.825039% of all blogs in the world. (Not that we’re counting or anything….)
- Blogs like ExperienceCurve, Glen Allsopp over at at ViperChill, and Enterprise 2.0’s FastForwardBlog.
- Blendtec. For being brave enough to blend an iphone, a rake, and a can of Easy Cheese – and for proving the power of social media marketing.
On a final note, we’d like to thank all of you for reading, commenting, linking, and doing what you do. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Tell us about yourself and sign up for our weekly newsletter, Social You Should Know. You'll receive the latest social media news and insights from Jim Tobin and the Ignite Social Media team.