Jeep: Arctic Yeti Dig
The Chrysler Group Jeep® brand was looking for a social program to raise awareness of the launch of the 2012 Jeep Wrangler Arctic Edition and the brand’s sponsorship of the Winter X Games. A secondary goal was to increase connections on Jeep social platforms.
- We created a phased, multi-platform contest designed to engage Jeep’s current fan base and to reward sharing to drive fan growth and brand awareness
- On Facebook, fans played a daily “Dig game” to unlock entries into the contest and were offered a chance to double their entries by sharing the game with friends
- On Twitter, followers entered by tweeting the hashtag #YetiDig, and on the Jeep blog, readers responded to questions we posed about their favorite off-roading terrain
- 6 winners were selected from among the initial entrants to attend the Winter X Games and participate in a real-life dig through the snow for the chance to win a new Jeep Wrangler Arctic Edition
- In order to maintain momentum after travel arrangements had been made for those coming to dig, we partnered with Olympic gold medalist and snowboarder, Hannah Teter, who dug on a seventh person’s behalf
- Jeep Brand mentions in social media increased, seeing the highest lift in more than 7 months
- Participation exceeded our initial expectations by 873% with more than 215,000 entries
- More than 25,000 entrants shared the campaign on Facebook, shattering expectations by 693%
- Likes on the Jeep Facebook page increased by over 120,000 fans in 6 weeks
Tell us about yourself and sign up for our weekly newsletter, Social You Should Know. You'll receive the latest social media news and insights from Jim Tobin and the Ignite Social Media team.