FIAT: Score a Scorpion
The Chrysler Group FIAT brand tasked us with generating a program that fostered awareness and consideration for the new FIAT 500 Abarth.
- Knowing that the Abarth target psychographic consists of intelligent risk-takers who love the thrill of discovery, we designed an interactive quest around the Web over a four-week period
- To participate, users entered through an app hosted on the FIAT USA Facebook page and were given clever hints to find ‘scorpions’ that were hidden around the Web – in paid display ads and on FIAT-owned websites
- Users could collect up to eight scorpions for a chance to win an Abarth merchandise prize pack or a new FIAT 500 Abarth
- By building a unique, multi-channel program around FIAT consumers’ passions, we kept fans engaged and exceeded our entries goal for the program by 153% at nearly 26,000 entries
- More than 60% of entrants opted into FIAT’s CRM database, achieving our consideration objective
- The program received 1.7 million impressions and resulted in more than 266,000 referrals to the FIAT Abarth website
- While not a primary goal, the constant engagement from participants helped increase the FIAT Facebook page fan count by 41,000 – an increase of 1,483% in daily fan growth
Tell us about yourself and sign up for our weekly newsletter, Social You Should Know. You'll receive the latest social media news and insights from Jim Tobin and the Ignite Social Media team.