Designing Blog Posts That People Read
I just got back from another successful Search Exchange here in Charlotte NC and would like to share with you the presentation I gave while there. I discussed matters that often get overlooked by small, medium and large companies alike: Aesthetic and usability tactics as they affect blogging.
I highly recommend you either hire a professional designer to help you customize your blog, or take a few courses at your local technical community college on usability standards as well as read up on my presentation below. Don't make the same mistakes many, many websites still make.
Sources from my presentation and recommended further reading:
- 2010 Technorati State of The Blogosphere
- How Little Do Users Read?
- W3Schools Browser Statistics
- How Long Do Users Stay on Web Pages?
- Test overall blog perception
- Paid Stock Photo Sites Breakdown
- Typography considerations
- Great blogging examples: Outspokenmedia.com and Okcupid.com
Tell us about yourself and sign up for our weekly newsletter, Social You Should Know. You'll receive the latest social media news and insights from Jim Tobin and the Ignite Social Media team.